Shawe Memorial Jr./Sr. High School Links
Faculty & Staff
Pope John Elementary XXIII
Shawe Jr./Sr. High School
Shawe Senior Guidance
Guidance Department Staff
Senior Calendar for College
& Career Planning
Tips for Letters of Recommendation
College Application Process
The Common Application
Transcript Request Form
Spiritual Life Links
Theology Program of Studies
Right to Life
Make a Gift
Dates & Information
Steps to the Application Process:
1. Contact Phil Kahn, Prince of Peace Schools President, in the Enrollment Office at 812.273.5835 ext. 245 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask initial questions that you may have and to schedule a tour and/or student shadow day.
2. Complete the Application for Admission including all supporting documents and registration fee. You will then be contacted to schedule an interview. The student’s official date of application is the date that the completed application, supplemental materials and application fee are received by the Enrollment Office.
3. Parent(s) and prospective student will participate in an interview with a school official.
4. Parent(s) will be contacted by an admissions committee member about the final admissions decision. If student is admitted, the Dean of Studies will contact the parent to complete class schedule. If the student is not accepted the registration fee will be refunded.
Pope John XXIII's academic requirements are determined on a case by case basis. While we do not immediately dismiss potential students based on previous activity, we do look over incoming student information to make a determination of the level of future success for the student. This helps the principal to decide whether or not a student will be admitted into our program of studies.
When looking over student records we look at the following:
a. Is this student in good standing with their previous school?
b. Does this student have any recent letter grades lower than a C?
c. Where is this student's reading level compared to our existing students?
d. Has this student had tardy or absentee issues?
e. What is this student's disciplinary record?
Wait List Priority:
If a wait list is established, admitted students will be enrolled in the following order.
1. Registered Catholics in Jefferson/Switzerland Counties with a sibling at either Pope John or Shawe Memorial
2. A student who is a child of a Prince of Peace Catholic School faculty or staff member
3. Registered Catholics in Jefferson/Switzerland counties
4. Non-Catholics with a sibling at Pope John or Shawe
5. Registered Catholics residing outside Jefferson/Switzerland counties
6. Non-Catholics residing in Jefferson/Switzerland counties
Requirements for Special Needs Admission:
1. Students must have written documentation of a disability or English language learner needs. This documentation must include the current IEP/ISP, current battery of testing that includes the student's diagnosis, LAS Links English proficiency score, or other relevant documentation.
2. Students must possess independent mobility.
• must move from one class to another, including physical education and lunch
• must be able to use a combination lock on personal locker
3. Students must maintain appropriate personal hygiene.
• must be able to care for personal restroom needs
4. Student must be able to follow the Shawe Code of Conduct.
5. Students must participate in Catholic religious activities while at school.
• must attend scheduled school Masses and seasonal liturgical services
• must participate in four years of religion classes
6. Shawe Memorial Jr/Sr High School reserves the right to decline admittance to any student for whom we feel we cannot adequately provide services
Acceptance of the registration fee does not guarantee admission for the upcoming school year. The student’s academic achievements, behavior, attendance, and willingness to accept the school’s mission and philosophy are all factors in continued enrollment. In addition, all tuition and fees from the previous year must be up-to-date. Students who have been asked to leave will not be readmitted unless the administration makes an exception due to extraordinary circumstances.
Any student enrolled at Shawe Memorial Jr/Sr High School, regardless of age, is seen as the responsibility of his or her parents/legal guardians. Even if a student is 18 years of age, the student may not take over a parental role as it pertains to any of our policies. A student is required to live with his or her parents while enrolled at Shawe. Any exceptions to this policy must have approval from the principal.
Prince of Peace Catholic Schools prepare students to lead meaningful lives by combining rigorous academics with opportunities for exploration and reflection.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR SCHOOLS >
Prince of Peace Catholic Schools are one of the area's leading Catholic Schools.
Pope John XXIII Elementary
221 West State Street
Madison, Indiana 47250
Shawe Memorial Jr./Sr. High School
201 West State Street
Madison, Indiana 47250
Administration and Parish Office
305 West State Street
Madison, Indiana 47250