Crash Zone is located at Pope John Elementary and is open to Shawe Memorial students
Hours: 3:30p.m.-5:30 p.m.
1. Crash Zone will follow the school calendar and be in session only when school is in session.
2. In case of school closing Crash Zone will remain open until 5:30 p.m. if at all possible.
You can now find your balance due for Extended Care/Crash Zone on Smart Care Parent App.
1. Rate- $2.50 per hour.
2. Rate is per child enrolled and participating
3. Rate is per hour – full and regular part-time hours are figured by the 1/2 hour and totaled at the end of the week
4. Penalty rate – any time after 5:30 p.m., $1 per minute may be charged
5. Regular payments are expected and required. Monthly totals are available on Smart Care Parent App, please pay promptly.
6. Guest policy – if your child has a guest, registered or non-registered, the rate is $2.50 per hour.
7. A $15 penalty will be charged for any check that is returned.
8. ** IF ALL FEES ARE NOT PAID IN FULL BY THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR, REPORT CARDS WILL NOT BE GIVEN OUT.
All school rules and behavior standards in the school handbook apply to Crash Zone.
The following steps will be taken in dealing with consistent misbehavior.
1. The child will be given a verbal warning concerning her/his behavior by the extended care supervisor.
2. The child will be sent to the principal.
3 Depending on the circumstance and frequency, the parent may be called or a discipline paper will be sent home for the parent to sign and return.
4. After 3 occurrences, the child may lose Crash Zone privileges.