POPE JOHN XXIII ELEMENTARY
Hours: 3:00p.m.-5:30 p.m.
Contact Barb Stevens Pope John XXIII Extended Care Director
at 812-701-7537 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Extended Care will follow the school calendar and be in session only when school is in session.
2. In case of school closing extended care will remain open until 5:30 p.m. if at all possible.
You can now find your balance due for Extended Care/Crash Zone on the SmartCare App.
1. Rate- $2.50 per hour.
2. Rate is per child enrolled and participating
3. Rate is per hour – full and regular part-time hours are figured by the 1/2 hour and totaled at the end of the week
4. Penalty rate – any time after 5:30 p.m., $1 per minute may be charged
5. Regular payments are expected and required. Monthly totals are available on the SmartCare App and payments can be made through the app as well.
6. Guest policy – if your child has a guest, registered or non-registered, the rate is $2.50 per hour.
7. A $40 penalty will be charged for any check that is returned.
8. ** IF ALL FEES ARE NOT PAID IN FULL BY THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR, REPORT CARDS WILL NOT BE GIVEN OUT.
All school rules and behavior standards in the school handbook apply to Extended Care.
The following steps will be taken in dealing with consistent misbehavior.
1. The child will be given a verbal warning concerning her/his behavior by the extended care supervisor.
2. The child will be sent to the principal.
3 Depending on the circumstance and frequency, the parent may be called or a discipline paper will be sent home for the parent to sign and return.
4. After 3 occurrences, the child may lose Extended Care privileges.
1. Parents are responsible for picking up their children by 5:30 p.m.
2. **Parents must sign out their children when they are picked up through the SmartCare App. STUDENTS MAY NOT SIGN THEMSELVES OUT. NOT SIGNING OUT YOUR CHILD AND NOT RECORDING THE TIME OF SIGNING OUT MAY RESULT IN BEING CHARGED FOR A FULL DAY.
3. We MUST have a note or phone call from parents when someone other than the parent is to pick up the child. NO exceptions.
- No electronic/handheld devices are permitted in Extended Care.
- Children should come with the necessary supplies for doing homework (pencils, pens, paper, erasers, etc.).
Grades 4, 5 & 6
- Homework will be supervised.
- Assistance will be provided upon request, however, students and parents remain responsible for correcting and completing homework.