POPE JOHN XXIII ELEMENTARY
Hours: 3:00 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.
Pope John Elementary School, 812-273-3957
1. Extended Care will follow the school calendar and be in session only when school is in session. There will be dates when Extended Care will not be available; These dates will be communicated with parents in the Pope John Handbook.
2. In case of school closing early due to inclement weather or unplanned circumstance, Extended Care will remain open until we students have been picked up.
You can find your balance due and pay for Extended Care/Crash Zone on the SmartCare App.
- Rate- $3.00 per hour.
- Rate is per child enrolled and participating.
- Rate is per hour – full and regular part-time hours are figured by the 1/2 hour and totaled at the end of the week.
- Penalty rate – any time after 5:15 p.m., $1 per minute may be charged
- Regular payments are expected and required. Monthly totals are available on the SmartCare App and payments can be made through the app as well.
- A $50 penalty will be charged for any check that is returned.
- ** IF ALL FEES ARE NOT PAID IN FULL BY THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR, REPORT CARDS WILL NOT BE GIVEN OUT.
All school rules and behavior standards in the school handbook apply to Extended Care.
The following steps will be taken in dealing with consistent misbehavior.
- The child will be given a verbal warning concerning her/his behavior by the Extended Care supervisor.
- The child will be sent to the principal.
- Depending on the circumstance and frequency, the parent may be called or a discipline paper will be sent home for the parent to sign and return.
- After 3 occurrences, the child may lose Extended Care privileges.
- Parents are responsible for picking up their children by 5:15 p.m.
- A staff member on duty will sign students out from Extended Care.
- We MUST have a note or phone call from a parent/guardian when someone other than those on the normal pick up list are supposed to pick up. NO exceptions.
- No electronic/handheld devices are permitted in Extended Care.
- Children should come with the necessary supplies for doing homework (pencils, pens, paper, erasers, etc…)
- Students may complete homework at Extended Care. Students and parents remain responsible for correcting and completing.